It's time to talk frankly about something that's been on my mind for a while: How to deal with serial infidelity in marriage.
Serial infidelity is truly one of the most serious, life-changing problems you will ever face in your marriage.
The devastation it causes impacts every part of a woman's heart, health, home, and family.
As you know from reading this blog, I've been compiling your thoughts and feedback from the Infidelity Grief Survey and a few things are very clear:
- Women who deal with serial infidelity in marriage also deal with emotional game playing.
- Men use thoughts, beliefs, and comments which degrade and disrespect her, to justify their actions.
There is no doubt: serial infidelity in marriage is abusive behavior.
You will need to learn about the emotional games serial cheating husband's play, as well as what to do about it, so you can avoid being conned and hurt by him in the future.
I want to share a story that I think will help illustrate the relationship dynamics of a serial cheater.
I don't know if you watched the TV show, "Bachelor In Paradise," this Summer, but I faithfully do every season.
Last night was a great example of how one man, (Dean,) emotionally played and manipulated two women - and ultimately broke both their hearts.
Over the course of the show, he continued to string them along so he could keep both of them in his life. He quickly gave them hope and attention whenever one of them started to back away from the relationship.
When he realized one of the women had witnessed him kissing and hugging the other woman, he only became upset at the fact that she had seen what he did.
He wasn't upset that he had done that to her - he was more concerned that she knew about it.
For me, that was key.
After the show was over he continued to contact both of them, even though he told one of the women he was ending it with her because he was so in love with the other one.
Ultimately, they both dumped him and he had a great big pity party for himself.
Dean's game playing reminded me a lot of how serial cheaters approach their relationships:
- They juggle multiple relationships.
- They lack the ability to create real intimacy with their partner - carefully keeping their heart closed off and unavailable.
- They try to maintain control over those they are in relationships with.
- They say whatever they think their partner wants to hear.
- They throw out scraps of affection to make their partner feel loved and to keep her off guard.
- They sneak contact with other people.
- They keep one foot in, and one foot out of the relationship.
I don't know if serial cheating is a problem for Dean, (and I'm not saying it is,) but his actions were a good illustration of how serial cheater relationship dynamics work.
As you read that, do you see any signs of that in your relationship?
If so, it is time for you to protect yourself and your heart.
You must get educated on what to look out for, and what to do in your relationship with him.
I've created a serial infidelity email course to help you understand the psychological dynamics of the serial cheating husband.
You can request the email course below and get started right away:
Emotional game playing and fake recovery are a big problem with serial cheating husband's.
He can be deceptive, manipulative, and unwilling to take responsibility for his own actions.
Let's make sure you avoid the heartbreak of going through serial infidelity again and again.
In the Serial Infidelity Email Course you will learn:
- How to stay out of the serial cheating/betrayal relationship cycle.
- How to avoid 10 common mistakes women make in serial infidelity marriages.
- How to gain an empowered position in your life and avoid false promises and fake recovery.
It's time to end the game playing and betrayal.
As always . . .
I wish you peace in your heart and courage to overcome the pain of infidelity.
Hope and Healing,